STI/HIV Prevention/Intervention Classes
STD/HIV Prevention/Intervention Education(4): Establishing a healthy balance between nutrition, stress reduction, & responsible wholistic lifestyle builds a foundation for strengthened immune system. Learning how to reduce the risk factors associated with becoming HIV+ can increase one's feeling of confidence & security in relationships. Also learn how to strengthen the value of self in order to live with an HIV+ diagnosis and not die of AIDS. Foods and essential oils and that have been used with dis-eases or discomforts associated with STD/HIV are introduced, discussed and explored. (Prices subject to change without notice)
- 4 Ways Of Transmission: Focuses on the language of (HIV) Human Immunological Virus and (AIDS) Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. The 4 ways that CDC says HIV can be transmitted and the difference between HIV and AIDS. Students will learn basic STD/HIV facts: Bacterial & viral infections such as: Chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis, herpes, HIV, etc. Information regarding testing sites, the types of test, and what an HIV+ tests is confirming or not confirming. Discussion of Hepatitis and how personal habits & hygiene increases risk of Co-Infection. Identifies behaviors that are no risk, low risk, and high risk.
- Reproductive Anatomy: Understanding the hormonal makeup of the female reproductive system and male reproductive system and how to prevent the risks of damages. Educational information of various types of condoms and their usefulness in the science of mating is shared. Ideas regarding pregnancy, STI & HIV prevention are explored. Discussion involves the benefits vs the risk factors of wearing condoms during intimacy. Demonstrations involve reproductive organ models to instruct on how to properly use the female and male condom.
- Sexual Reflexology: This session covers reproductive system and the reflexology points. Illustrations of positions that promote healing throughout the body are studied. Educational information is given on exercises', nutrition & the use of essential oils in the care for the reproductive organs that support wellness & longevity.
- Assertiveness training: Identifying the 4 types of love. Role-playing is practiced to reinforce ideas for self-empowerment in forming or maintaining healthy relationships and removing the fears & stigma associated with HIV transmission.
- CONDOM DEMONSTRATIONS: http://www.webmd.com/sex/news/20090312/fda-oks-fc2-female-condom http://www.youtubhttp://www.undercovercondoms.com/Condoms/Reality/3976/Female-Condom-FC2.htmle.com/watch?v=0OUguv0JICQ http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/fc2-female-condom/ID=prod6052635-product?V=G&ext=frgl_Google_Health_and_Well-Being The Nitrile FC2 Female Condom is designed to be worn by women to help prevent unintended pregnancies, HIV, other sexually transmitted diseases. Female Condom is 95% to 98% effective in protection against pregnancy when used correctly and consistently. Studies have also shown the Female Condom to be a highly effective barrier to viruses and bacteria that cause sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV. The FC2 Female Condom can be put in place 4 hours ahead of an intimate encounter and is intended for men and women who want a pleasurable alternative to the male condom.